Let’s explore a 8 hectare forest reserve, an important water catchment area for Johor Bahru and Singapore. This is a rather gentle hike up to a protected forest area in southern Johor. In the middle of this Recreational Forest is the 700-meter tall waterfall. There is also a cascading waterfall at the bottom of the forest, which is quite popular to the locals only. (We will chill out and for those playful ones, let’s take a dip into the refreshing waters here). The wildlife of the forest includes deer, monkeys and several species of birds. unique flora and fauna sanctuary and a fascinating recreational haven. There are several waterfalls with pools at its bottom.
CNY SPECIAL: If time permits, i will also show you the way to buy YUMMY Kueh Lapis for the Chinese New Year. I bought once and ooohhhh, its delicious lah! 🙂
After the hike and chill out at the waterfall, we will head down for a Sumptuous dinner before we come back to Singapore.
The Trip At A Glance
Where: Southern Johor, Malaysia
When: 8th January 2012 (Sunday) (7AM Depart)
WHO IS SUITABLE ? For Beginners hikers and for those who wants to explore the nature…..nature photographers, this is a very good forest to take lots of beautiful photos.
Hike Grading: 2 (For those who wants to upgrade your hike experience from Bukit Timah)
Total Distance: 10KM (Return)
Elevation: 654 m
Total Hike Time: 2.5hours Return (Our Plan Completion Time)
Estimated Return to Singapore: Before 10pm on the same day
Costs: S$70 per pax
Closing date of registration: 13th Dec 2011
Pre-trip Briefing Email: Will send briefing email 7 days before the trip only to those who RSVP-Yes and who has made payment.
- Return Private Coach
- All Administration Charges
- All Permits and Entrance Fees
- Expenses of any emergency nature
- Expenses of personal nature, including soft drinks.
- Travel Insurance
- Tips for driver/guide @ RM 5.00 per person
How to register ? Click here for registration.
Things to Bring:
- One will need minimum 1.5 litre of isotonic drink
- Insect Repellent
- Rain Gear
- Warm Jacket in case coach journey is chilly
- Walking Stick (if you deemed necessary)
- Changing Clothes
- Picnic Snacks
- Can we leave our things safely in the transport when we hike?
Ans: Yes you can. Through my experience, driver and vehicle is very good and honest.
- What time we are expected to be back to Singapore?
Ans: Between 9-10pm
- Do we have a proper place that we can change clothes?
Ans: No, Wear your ready clothes for the hike before arrival, and we can change near to the waterfall. A big sarong to “take cover” for ladies would be helpful Please avoid using soap in the waterfall. 🙂
- Are there any leeches or “Dancing Queens”( I usually call them that..) in this forest?
- How long is the journey from Singapore to our hiking place?
Ans: If smooth traffic, we should be there in 2.5 hours.
- Are there any Steep slopes to climb or descend?
- 7am is a little tight to reach in time for me. Are there any alternatives?
Ans: Meet us at 7.40am at woodland checkpoint after the custom clearance. Please inform me via email/SMS if you are meeting me at woodland checkpoint.
- Do we go for breakfast at JB? Or we direct go to waterfall?
Please read the disclaimer for this event posted.