We have scaled G. Datuk thrice last year. Many agreed of the beautiful paranormal view of the mountain. This year, we will go back and reminisced the great times we had again.
Situated at the end of Titiwangsa Mountain Range, Mount Datuk holds many treasures of the natural tropical rainforests. A demanding but rewarding trek.
About Gunung Datuk, Malaysia
The majestic Mount Datuk is also known as Mount Rembau. It was here in the 18th century that the Penghulu Rembau signed an agreement to join forces against the Dutch who at that time were controlling Malacca. This mountain, 2,900 feet above sea level, is a favorite for nature lovers and adventure seekers. Situated at the end of Titiwangsa Mountain Range, Mount Datuk holds many treasures of the natural tropical rainforests. The panoramic picture can only be rivaled with the view from the peak of the mountain. The trek is demanding but you will be rewarded with the a picturesque scene of vast greenery, an indescribable portrait of nature in all its wonders and splendors.
After the hike , we will head down for a Sumptuous dinner before we come back to Singapore.
Checkout our 8th January 2011 facebook photos here
Checkout our 11th June 2011 facebook photos here
More photos here
The Trip At A Glance
Where: Rambau, Malaysia
When: 25th March 2012 (Sunday) (5AM Depart)
WHO IS SUITABLE ? This is best NOT for 1st timers to climbing. For climbers guide whether this is suitable for you : CLICK HERE !
Overall Hike Grading: 3.33
Height Grading: 4.0
Terrain Grading: 3.0
Distance Grading: 3.0
Terrain: Unpaved roads with some steep sections.
Total Distance: 4.6km one way, 9,2KM (Return)
Elevation: 870m / 2900ft
Total Hike Time: 5.0 hours Return
Estimated Return to Singapore: Before 10pm on the same day
Costs: S$95 per pax
Closing date of registration: 25th Feb 2012
Pre-trip Briefing Email: Will send briefing email 3 days before the trip only to those who RSVP-Yes and who has made payment.
- Return Private Coach
- All Administration Charges
- All Permits and Entrance Fees
- Expenses of any emergency nature
- Expenses of personal nature, including soft drinks.
- Travel Insurance
- Tips for driver/guide @ RM 5.00 per person
How to register ? Click here for registration.
Things to Bring:
- One will need minimum 2 litre of isotonic drink, 1 litre to ascend and 1 litre to descend.
- Insect Repellent
- Rain Gear
- Warm Jacket in case coach journey is chilly
- Walking Stick (if you deemed necessary)
- Changing Clothes
- Snacks for lunch
- Can we leave our things safely in the transport when we hike?
Ans: Yes you can. Through my experience, driver and vehicle is very good and honest.
- What time we are expected to be back to Singapore?
Ans: Between 10-11pm
- Do we have a proper place that we can change clothes?
Ans:Yes, there are proper toilet facilities available at the base of the mountain. (Cold Shower only)
- Are there any leeches or “Dancing Queens”( I usually call them that..) in this forest?
- How long is the journey from Singapore to our hiking place?
Ans: If smooth traffic, we should be there in 4.0 hours.
- Are there any Steep slopes to climb or descend?
- 5am is a little tight to reach in time for me. Are there any alternatives?
Ans: Meet us at 5.30am at woodland checkpoint after the custom clearance. Please inform me via email/SMS if you are meeting me at woodland checkpoint.
- Do we go for breakfast in Malaysia? Or we direct go to the mountain?