One of a “untouched” paradise HIDDEN in the southern part of Malaysia. Come join me for a Guaranteed fruitful Adventure this Sunday. Our purpose is to trek to a waterfall that is seen by less than 300 people so far, have fun and enjoy the serenity its provides and then to immerse ourselves in the clear turquoise water where we will snorkel our time away. Beautiful hard and soft corals can be seen there. Of course fishes are happily swimming there too.
1) Private Coach ride to Jetty Point
2) Board Private Speed Boat to offshore island
3) An hour plus speed boat ride to Tinggi Waterfall
4) Hike to waterfall – splash splash splash
5) Snorkel at the Crystal Clear Marine Park
The Trip At A Glance
Where: Gunung Tinggi Waterfall (Facing South China Sea)
When: 29th April 2012 (Sunday) (5AM Depart)
WHO IS SUITABLE ? Anyone with reasonable fitness. Beginners are welcome.
Max. no. of pax: 12
Overall Hike Grading: 1.33
Height Grading: 0.5
Terrain Grading: 2.0
Distance Grading: 1.5
Terrain: Mostly unpaved roads, not too steep terrain
Total waterfall Hike Time: 1.0 hours Return
Estimated Return to Singapore: Before 9pm on the same day
Closing date of registration: 28th April 2012
Pre-trip Briefing Email: Will send briefing email 3 days before the trip only to those who RSVP-Yes and who has made payment.
- Return Private Coach
- Return private Boat Charter
- Packed Lunch
- Mountain Guide Fee
- Jetty Fee
- All Administration Charges
- All Permits and Marine Park Fees
- All snorkeling equipment (mask + snorkel only)
- Expenses of any emergency nature
- Expenses of personal nature, including soft drinks.
- Travel Insurance
- Tips for driver/guide @ RM 5.00 per person
How to register ? Click here for registration.
Things to Bring:
- One will need minimum 1 litre of isotonic drink.
- Insect Repellent
- Leech Socks or any other protection against leeches
- Rain Gear
- Warm Jacket in case coach journey is chilly
- Walking Stick (if you deemed necessary)
- Changing Clothes & Towels
- Swim Suit
- Snacks for munch
- What time we are expected to be back to Singapore?
Ans: Between 9-10pm
- Do we have a proper place that we can change clothes?
Ans:Yes, we have built proper toilet facilities there.(Cold Shower only)
- Are there any leeches or “Dancing Queens”( I usually call them that..) in this forest?
- How long is the journey from Singapore to the destination?
Ans: If smooth traffic, we should be there in 2.0 hours (excluding 1 hour 15mins boat ride).
- Are there any Steep slopes to climb or descend?
- 5am is a little tight to reach in time for me. Are there any alternatives?
Ans: Meet us at 5.30am at woodland checkpoint after the custom clearance. Please inform me via email/SMS if you are meeting me at woodland checkpoint.
- Do we go for breakfast in Malaysia? Or we direct go to the mountain?