Latest Announcement: 5 MORE SEATS LEFT !!! GENUINELY INTERESTED PARTIES, PLEASE SMS ME AT 84821434 OR EMAIL ME AT firstname.lastname@example.org TO RESERVE YOUR SLOT.
Introducing our stunning unique Pulau Tioman Hike! Most people go to Tioman for sea sports, for a change, let’s hike Tioman!
A stunning 6-hr hike (return) you must not miss! A 3-hour (one -way) hike through thick Malaysian tropical rainforest via a puny concrete road and there are beautiful waterfalls along the way to freshen up so its not all bad yah. You need to take a 4WD to get to Juara beach, which is at the other side of the island.
On the next day, you can either choose to do coastal snorkeling,2hrs waterfall hike or simply chill out at our hotel pool before heading back to Singapore.
Highlights for this hike:-
- Explore the 100 years old huge old Banyan Tree
- Along the hike, you can see Astonia Trees
- Blooming Rafflesia (The Biggest flower)
- Monitor Lizards
- Many Floras and Faunas
It is a true jungle hike, with huge banyan trees, monkeys, and creeping vines everywhere. It is vibrantly green, but if you look closely there are unusual iridescent butterflies, nearly fluorescent green snakes and what could be described as harlequin slugs.
The hike is fairly challenging with steep descents and many spots that were equipped with ropes and occasionally cement steps.
Monitor lizards are about and if you are lucky you may spot one.
After the hike, we will chill out at the beach.
The Trip At A Glance
Where: Tioman Island
When: 04th-05th Aug 2012 (Saturday -Sunday) (6AM Depart)
WHO IS SUITABLE ? Reasonable Fitness hikers only
Rating for the hike: 2.0
Route: Juara Crossing Trek – KG Trail
Min. no. of pax: 4
Estimated Return to Singapore: Before 9pm on sunday
Pre-trip Briefing Email: Will send briefing email 3 days before the trip only to those who RSVP-Yes and who has made payment.
For every adventurers that join this trip will get an Anti Mosquito Repellent Bracelet for free with compliments from Gaia Adventurers !!! Effective for up to 240 hrs after opening. High quality Non-toxic PVC waterproof anti mosquitoes bracelet. 100% natural essential oil (Mainly Citronella oil, a natural mosquito repellent). This is a must have items in our hiking list.
- Return Singapore – Mersing Transport
- Return Ferry Tickets (Mersing – Tioman – Mersing )
- Experience Mountain Guide
- 1 night stay at Condotel @ Berjaya Suites (Air-Conditioned Suite)
- Guide Fee
- All Administration Charges
- Expenses of any emergency nature
- Expenses of personal nature, including soft drinks.
- Travel Insurance
- Tips for driver/guide @ RM 5.00 per person
How to register ? Click here for registration and Payment.
Things to Bring:
- One will need minimum 3 litres of water
- Insect Repellent
- Rain Gear
- Walking Stick (if you deemed necessary)
- Warm Jacket in case coach journey is chilly
- Changing Clothes & Towels
- Packed Lunch for your hike
- Swim Suit if you want to swim at the beach
- Snacks for munch
- What time we are expected to be back to Singapore?
Ans: Between 8-9.30pm on sunday
- How long is the journey from Singapore to the destination?
Ans: If smooth traffic, we should be there in 2.0 hours (excluding 2 hours boat ride to Tioman island).
- 6am is a little tight to reach in time for me. Are there any alternatives?
Ans: Meet us at 6.30am at woodland checkpoint after the custom clearance. Please inform me via email/SMS if you are meeting me at woodland checkpoint.
- Do we go for breakfast in Malaysia? Or we direct go to the adventure site?
- Its quite cold during the Oct – March monsoon season, even mid afternoons can go as low as 20 degrees. Bring a hoodie or a jacket
- Get your booze, cigarettes & chocolates at Tekek side
- Food is generally expensive at the Juara side of the island, so bring some bread, peanut butter, tidbits, cookies to help save some moolah
- 3G & GPRS mobile internet reception are available here, with somewhat intermittent connection
- Dont forget your aftersun lotion.
- Sandflies are a nuisance here, be prepared with some ointments if you get bitten.