Introducing our stunning unique Pulau Tioman Hike! Most people go to Tioman for sea sports, for a change, let’s hike Tioman!
A stunning 6-hr hike (return) you must not miss! A 3-hour (one -way) hike through thick Malaysian tropical rainforest via a puny concrete road and there are beautiful waterfalls along the way to freshen up so its not all bad yah. You need to take a 4WD to get to Juara beach, which is at the other side of the island.
Highlights of this hike:-
- Explore the 100 years old huge old Banyan Tree
- Along the hike, you can see Astonia Trees
- Monitor Lizards
- Many Floras and Faunas
It is a true jungle hike, with huge banyan trees, monkeys, and creeping vines everywhere. It is vibrantly green, but if you look closely there are unusual iridescent butterflies, nearly fluorescent green snakes and what could be described as harlequin slugs.
The hike is fairly challenging with steep descents and many spots that were equipped with ropes and occasionally cement steps.
Monitor lizards are about and if you are lucky you may spot one.
After the hike, we will chill out at the beach.
The Trip At A Glance
Where: Tioman Island
WHO IS SUITABLE ? Reasonable Fitness hikers only
Rating for the hike: 3.3
Min. no. of pax: 4
Estimated Return to Singapore: Before 9pm on sunday
- Return Singapore – Mersing Transport
- Return Ferry Tickets (Mersing – Tioman – Mersing )
- Experience Mountain Guide
- 1 night stay at Condotel @ Berjaya Suites (Air-Conditioned Suite)
- Guide Fee
- All Administration Charges
- Expenses of any emergency nature
- Expenses of personal nature, including soft drinks.
- Travel Insurance
- Tips for driver/guide @ RM 5.00 per person
click To Register for this hike
- Its quite cold during the Oct – March monsoon season, even mid afternoons can go as low as 20 degrees. Bring a hoodie or a jacket
- Get your booze, cigarettes & chocolates at Tekek side
- Food is generally expensive at the Juara side of the island, so bring some bread, peanut butter, tidbits, cookies to help save some moolah
- 3G & GPRS mobile internet reception are available here, with somewhat intermittent connection
- Dont forget your aftersun lotion.
- Sandflies are a nuisance here, be prepared with some ointments if you get bitten.